I am listening to
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 5/5. Carol abandons Therese after being blackmailed by her husband. Therese returns to New York to resume her career as a theatre designer.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 4/5. Having become lovers during a road trip across America, Carol and Therese find themselves pursued by the world they have left behind.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 3/5. Carol and Therese set out on car trip to discover 1940s America. Neither woman knows where their journey will take them.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 2/5. Two days after their meeting in a New York department store, Therese accepts an invitation out to Carol's home in New Jersey.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 1/5. Christmas 1948, New York. Therese Belivet, a struggling young theatre designer, is about to have her life turned upside down.
Category Archives: Buffy Season 2
This is awesome – just chock full of great stuff – Spike switches sides, Joyce finds out, Spike and Joyce sit in silence, Giles gets tortured, Giles gets tricked, Willow gets magical, Xander lets Willow down, there is a great … Continue reading
Why is Willow still teaching? I know nothing about the US education system but it doesn't seem particularly likely. This episode tells us all about Angel and that is as interesting as that sounds. Buffy falls for an old trick … Continue reading
Rather like the monsters in the boys' bodies, there is a great episode struggling to come out of this one. It tries to deal with male entitlement and victim blaming but as far as I am concerned it fails miserably … Continue reading
As I peruse Screencap Paradise (who are the best) I am reminded that sometimes Buffy's hair is rather horrible; there are unexplained occurrences that surely have nothing to do with poltergeists (snakes, wasps, etc); there is lot of emoting; Drusilla … Continue reading
I don't really have much to say about this. I'd be happy never to see it again but on the other hand it has loads of great Cordelia moments from banging on about Buffy's thing on her face to annoying … Continue reading
Oh for the days when I wasn't spoiled for Buffy because back then Jenny's death was a genuine shock. Unlike Joyce's and unlike Tara's. This is a creepy and terrifying episode although I was distracted when Adam pointed out that … Continue reading
This is fun though I am still discomforted by the women's behaviour under this spell while at the same time I love the performances of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robia LaMorte and Kristine Sutherland while they are possessed. I am such … Continue reading
The werewolf hunter wasn’t exactly a nuanced villain but otherwise this was a fine episode. “He-he said he was going through all these changes. Then he went through all these…changes.” Willow is getting more and more confident: when Giles asks … Continue reading
What is bad about this episode? Erm, either the line "and wear something trashy…er" or the costuming that doesn't match the line (she's wearing a twin-set for heaven's sake) or the continual characterisation of Cordelia as slutty (or at least … Continue reading