I am listening to
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 5/5. Carol abandons Therese after being blackmailed by her husband. Therese returns to New York to resume her career as a theatre designer.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 4/5. Having become lovers during a road trip across America, Carol and Therese find themselves pursued by the world they have left behind.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 3/5. Carol and Therese set out on car trip to discover 1940s America. Neither woman knows where their journey will take them.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 2/5. Two days after their meeting in a New York department store, Therese accepts an invitation out to Carol's home in New Jersey.
- BBC Redux - 15 Minute Drama - Carol, by Patricia Highsmith. 1/5. Christmas 1948, New York. Therese Belivet, a struggling young theatre designer, is about to have her life turned upside down.
Category Archives: Screencaps
I liked the look, the performances and many moments of Bright Star but overall it was all rather (and not surprisingly) predictable. I did discover a major new star who was only 17 at the time of filming: Topper the … Continue reading
While I was watching the surprisingly well written biopic of Mrs Mandela (Michael Samuels did a good job of condensing nearly thirty years of her life) with its standout performance by Sophie Okonedo, I noticed this man in the necklacing … Continue reading
In “The Attic” episode of Dollhouse, there were cans of London Pride (brewed a few miles from my part of London) on the shelves in Clyde’s hideout. In addition, there were also cans of Irn Bru and Tizer, a packet … Continue reading
In honour of Sarah Michelle Gellar becoming a mother.
These are all from the episode of Dollhouse called “Echoes”. You can’t call her wooden. The original is on Flickr.
Doll House Crowd Convicted, originally uploaded by moley75. This is a poor screengrab of the final few seconds of Walk on the Wild Side (1962). The dollhouse in question is a brothel.
Mad Men – “Shoot”, originally uploaded by moley75. January Jones as Betty Draper in an iconic scene from episode 9 of season 1 when she takes her son’s bb gun and shoots at pigeons. I photographed these off the telly. … Continue reading
I watch Ugly Betty because of its fabulous acting and its zingy one-liners. If I think too hard about the plot lines and the occasional uneven characterization I stop liking it so I don’t do that. And I certainly don’t … Continue reading